Convert pdf to DWG | How to convert Dwg to pdf | How to save AutoCAD as pdf | How to convert AutoCAD to PDF (or PNG, JPG)
Earlier we have seen How to use Hatch and Gradient command in the AutoCAD.
Now we will see how to export AutoCAD to PDF. So, let’s get started.
Export DWG to PDF is one of the main advantages of AutoCAD. We can Export 2D as well as 3D drawing’s PDF file.
Follow these steps to Convert AutoCAD DWG to PDF:
Convert AutoCAD DWG to PDF Method: NO: 1
1) Click on the ‘Application menu’ (logo of the AutoCAD) at the top left corner of the workspace.
2) Select the AutoCAD ‘Print’ option. One dialogue box will be open. Or press ‘Ctrl+P’. The same dialogue box will be open.
3) Change the name ‘DWG to PDF’ or ‘AutoCAD to PDF’ from none. OR select ‘DWG to PNG OR JPG’ which you want as per your requirement.
4) Set paper size as per requirement.
5) Set the paper area ‘Display, Limit or Window’. The display will plot the area as per display. In the limit, it will plot our drawing as per the boundary limit set by us. And in Window, We have to select an area.
6) Do a check-mark on the ‘Center the plot’.
7) Set ‘Drawing orientation’ as ‘Portrait, landscape, and plot upside-down’ as per your drawing requirement.
8) Do check-mark on the ‘Plot transparency’ from the ‘Plot options’.
9) Click on the ‘Preview’ to see the preview of the pdf or jpg which you have selected.
10) At last, click on the ‘Ok’ to convert DWG to PDF or JPG.
11) Give the location where you want to export it.
Convert Autocad DWG to PDF Method NO: 2
1) Select ‘Export’ from the ‘Application Menu’ and select PDF from the Export options.
2) We can also save it as pdf from here.
How to import PDF in AutoCAD or How to convert pdf to AutoCAD?
We have seen how to save AutoCAD as PDF. Now we will see how to convert PDF to CAD file.
How to convert pdf to AutoCAD Method NO: 1
1) First of all, Click on the ‘Application menu’ (logo of the AutoCAD) at the top left corner of the workspace.
2) then select ‘Import’ and ‘PDF’ from there.
3) Select a point where you want to place a pdf file.
4) After that, browse your PDF which you want to convert PDF to DWG.
5) Then it will ask about which pages you want to import. Select pages as per requirement.
6) At last, click on the Ok.
How to convert pdf to AutoCAD Method NO: 2
1) Go at the ‘Insert’ tab. Select ‘PDF Import’ from there.
2) Select a PDF that you want to import and Open that.
3) Select pages as above. Click on Ok.
4) If will import PDF page as a block.
How to convert DWG to PDF without AutoCAD?
Free DWG to PDF converters
How to open a DWG file without AutoCAD?
We can convert directly from dwg to pdf without AutoCAD by using some sites.
Just drop your file there and it will convert it in PDF format.
Here are some sites to convert Dwg to pdf
AutoCAD PDF converting problems
Problem: Sometimes Gradient of the hatch is not showing in the PDF. Or any part of the drawing is missing in the PDF.
Solution: Go in the layer command, and move objects in the proper layer. If some object or hatch or gradient is moved in the ‘Defpoints’ layer, it will not show in the PDF. Because the printing system is off by default in the Defpoints layer.
It’s Done here. I hope I have added some value in your AutoCAD knowledge.
Thank you for visiting here…