AutoCAD Array | How to use Path AutoCAD Array command? | array AutoCAD | A to Z full tutorial with pictures | learn free AutoCAD only at autocadprojects.com
- Hey Guys, Earlier we learned the first Array which is ‘Rectangular Array’ command.
- Now we will learn about the second Array which is ‘Path Array’. So, let’s get started.
- The Array command is very useful for distribute evenly copies of object along with row, column, any path or circular path. This command is very time saving command.
- This command is placed on the Modify panel in the Home tab. Or we can type ‘ARRAY’ in the command bar and press Enter key to invoke the array command.
- Array command has three methods to evenly copy the object. We can select another two methods of the Array by clicking on the Array command’s drop-down menu.
- It is necessary to already draw any object for use the Array command. We will see the second array type which is ‘Path Array’.
Path AutoCAD Array
- Polar array evenly distributes copies of selected objects along with the path. The path can be an arc, polyline, spline, circle, or helix.
- We can invoke path array command from the Array command drop-down menu in the Modify panel in the Home tab. Or we can type ‘ARRAYPATH’ in the command bar and press Enter key.
- It is necessary the object and path are already drawn for use array command. After invoking the command, it will ask for ‘select object’. Select object and right-click.
- Then it will ask for ‘select path curve’. Select a path that is drawn by us.
- The object will be copied automatically along with the path as shown below.
Path AutoCAD Array panel
After right-click, object will be copy in along with path, and one panel will be open at the top of workspace as shown below.
- And We can adjust the number of items and space between them and the angle of the object as per requirement.
- Also ,We can also add rows, space between them.
- We can adjust the number of levels and space between them for the 3D purpose.
- If you don’t need the copied array rotated, then click on ‘Align array’. All array will be aligned as shown below:
- By default, we can select the entire copied array by clicking on one array. But if we want to separate the entire array then click on ‘Associative’. It will separate the entire copied array.
- We can also change ‘Basepoint’ from this panel. Click on the base point and select the object point which you want as a base point.
2. Direct dragging
- For add more rows of the path array, select rectangular blue dot point on the first copied object. And drag it at upper or lower side.
- To increase space between two objects, select a triangular blue dot point, and drag it.
- We can edit our source which was first drawn by us.
- Close array and select again all copied array.
- One new panel will open with some new options as shown.
- Select ‘Edit source’ from there.
- Then it will ask ‘select object in array’. Select that object which we want as the new source object.
Click on Ok.
- For example, if we want to replace the circle instead of a rectangle, then click on ‘Replace item’.
- Then it will ask for ‘select replacement object’. Select the new drawn object (circle) and right-click.
- Then it will ask for ‘select base point of replacement objects’. Select any base point as per the requirement of the new drawn object (any point of circle).
At last, it will ask for ‘Select an item in the array to replace’. Select those objects (rectangles) which we want to replace as shown.
Explode AutoCAD Arrays
- We can explode all copied arrays by clicking on the ‘Associative’ option from the Path panel as said above.
- Second method is to use ‘EXPLODE’ command:
- Select ‘Explode’ command from the modify panel in the Home tab. Or type ‘EXPLODE’ in the command bar and press Enter key for invoking the Explode command.
- Then select objects which we want to explode, and right-click.
All command will explode
It’s finish now.
Also, Read Our Previous Article..
Thank you for visiting here…