Polar Array AutoCAD | How to use the Polar Array AutoCAD? | A to Z full tutorial with pictures. | learn free Autocad only at autocadprojects.com
Hey Guys, Earlier we learned the first and second Array which was ‘Rectangular Array’ and ‘Path Array’ command.
Now we will learn about the third Array which is ‘Polar Array’. So, let’s get started.
The Polar Array AutoCAD
- The Array command is very useful for distributing evenly copies of the object along with row, column, any path or circular path. This command is a very time-saving command.
- This command is placed on the Modify panel in the Home tab. Or we can type ‘ARRAY’ in the command bar and press Enter key to invoke the array command.
- Array command has three methods to evenly copy the object. We can select another two methods of the Array by clicking on the Array command’s drop-down menu.
- It is necessary to already draw any object to use the Array command. We will see now the last Polar Array command.
Polar Array AutoCAD
- The polar array evenly distributes the copies of selected object around the circular path from the selected center point.
- We can invoke path array command from the Array command drop-down menu in the Modify panel in the Home tab. Or we can type ‘ARRAYPOLAR’ in the command bar and press Enter key.
- It is necessary the object and the polar path is already drawn for use array command. After invoking the command, it will ask for ‘select object’. Select object and right-click.
- Then it will ask for ‘specify center point of array’. Select the center point of the circle or select center point as per requirement.
- The object will be copied automatically around polar as shown below.
There are two methods are available in AutoCAD to modify Arrays.
1) Polar path panel
- After right-click, the object will be copied in a polar path, and one panel will be open at the top of the workspace as shown below.
- Also, We can adjust the number of items and space between them and the angle of the object as per requirement.
So,We can also add rows, space between them.
- We can adjust the number of levels and space between them for the 3D purpose.
- If you don’t need the copied array rotated, then click on ‘Align array’. All array will be aligned as shown below.
- By default, we can select the entire copied array by clicking on one array. But if we want to separate the entire array then click on ‘Associative’. It will separate the entire copied array.
- We can also change the ‘Basepoint’ from this panel. Click on the base point and select the object point which you want as the base point. The new select point is the new base point now.
2. Direct dragging
- For add more rows of the path array, select rectangular blue dot point on the first copied object. And drag it at upper or lower side.
- For increase space between two objects, select triangular blue dot point and drag it.
- We can add/subtract objects by dragging the triangular blue dot placed at the last object as shown.
Edit source: polar array AutoCAD
Edit source means change object which we have drawn at first, which was the main source of all copied array objects.
- We can edit our source which was first drawn by us.
- Close array and select again all copied array.
- One new panel will open with some new options as shown.
- Select ‘Edit source’ from there.
- Then it will ask ‘select object in array’. Select that object which we want as a new source object.
Click on Ok.
- For example, if we want to replace a circle instead of the drawn object, then click on ‘Replace item’.
- Then it will ask for ‘select replacement object’. Select the new drawn object (circle) and right-click.
- Then it will ask for ‘select base point of replacement objects’. Select any base point as per the requirement of the new drawn object (any point of circle).
- At last, it will ask for ‘Select an item in the array to replace’. Select those objects which we want to replace as shown.
- We can explore all copied arrays by clicking on the ‘Associative’ option from the Path panel as said above.
- Second method is to use ‘EXPLODE’ command:
- Select ‘Explode’ command from the modify panel in the Home tab. Or type ‘EXPLODE’ in the command bar and press Enter key for invoking the Explode command.
- Then select objects which we want to explode, and right-click.
All command will be exploded.
It’s finish now.
Also, read our previous Articles.
Thank you for visiting here…