AutoCAD stretch | A to Z full tutorial with pictures. | Learn Autocad free without investing Money only at autocadprojcts.com
Hey Guys, previously we learned how to use Mirror command to mirror the object. Now we will learn how to use Stretch command. So, let’s get started.
AutoCAD stretch command
- The stretch tool is great and a very useful command in AutoCAD. Stretch command is useful for adjusting or move any objects like door or window opening or anything without doing much effort.
- Some types of objects such as circle, ellipse, blocks cannot be stretched. The main thing in the stretch command is the selection of an object for stretch. Select objects carefully by ‘Widow’ (left to right) or ‘Crossing window’ (right to left) selection method.
- Stretch tool is placed in the modify panel in the Home tab. Or we can type ‘S’ in the command bar and press Enter key. Stretch command will be invoked.
Follow these steps to use the Stretch command:
- Select the stretch command from the modify panel in the Home tab. Or type ‘S’ in the command bar and press Enter key.
- After the selection of command, AutoCAD will ask for a ‘select object’. Select an object by ‘left to right’ or ‘right to left’ selection method. ‘Right to left’ selection is more preferable to use this command.
- Select one point from where we want to stretch the object. Hold left click and drag object. And release it. Or give any dimension for the stretch the object.
The object will stretched.
We will see one example of showing how to use the Stretch command:
- If I want to stretch door opening and want to move its space as shown above.
- Select stretch command in the modify panel in the Home tab. Or type ‘S’ in the command bar and press Enter key.
- Select the object by ‘right to left’ selection method as shown.
- Select a base point and drag it at the point where to want to move. Or give dimension from the base point.
Object or door opening will moved as shown.
It’s finish now.
Also, Read Our Previous Article..
Thank you for visiting here…