How to use Trim and Extend command in Autocad? | | A to Z full tutorial with pictures only at www.autocadprojects.com | learn Free AutoCAD Here.
Hey Guys, previously we learned how to increase/decrease the size of the object proportionally by using scale command.
- Now we will learn how to trim and extend the line or object by using the ‘Trim and Extend’ command. So, let’s start.
- Trim means cut little part from the object. When two objects or lines are crossing each other and we want to delete any part of them then we can use the trim command to delete that part.
- This command is a very useful command in the AutoCAD for trimming. Trim command is use for trim unnecessary parts of the drawing or object.
This command has two parts. One is the Trim command and the second one is the Extend command.
- Extend command is extended objects to meet the edges of the other object edges. We will learn how to use both commands one by one.
1) Trim – Follow these steps to use trim command
- Select Trim command from the Modify panel in the Home tab. Or we can type ‘TR’ in the command bar and press Enter’ key. Trim command will be invoked.
- After select Trim command, AutoCAD will ask for ‘select objects or select all’. Select objects from which we want to trim parts.
- Then right-click for the coming out from the selection.
- Then AutoCAD will ask for the ‘select object to trim’. Select objects or lines which we want to trim from the whole object or drawing. By selecting objects or lines it will shoe cross fence and it will be automatically trimmed.
- After selecting all objects or lines which we want to trim, right-click for the coming out from the selection.
- We can type ‘TR’ in the command bar and press the ‘Enter’ key two times.
- Then direct select those objects or lines which we want to trim from the whole drawing or object.
- Right-click for coming out from the selection.
- By using this shortcut method, we can trim lines or objects from the drawing easily and quickly.
We will see one example showing how to use trim command :
For example, I want to trim those lines which are coming out from the inner circle.
- Type ‘TR’ in the command bar and press the ‘Enter’ key two times. Trim command is invoked.
- I will select all lines which are coming out from the inner circle to the outer circle.
Right-click and select ‘Enter’ or press ‘Enter’ key directly.
All lines will be trimmed and will be shown as shown.
- It is finish Now let’s see the Extend command.
- Extend command allows you to extend any line to another edge of line or object. Follow these steps to use extend command.
- Select the Extend command from the drop-down menu of the Trim command in the Modify panel in the Home tab. Or we can type ‘EX’ in the command bar and press ‘Enter’ key. Trim command will be invoked.
- After the selection of the command, AutoCAD will ask for a ‘select object’. Select a major object, which will remain the same after extend.
Then right-click for coming out from the selection.
AutoCAD will ask for ‘select object to extend’, Select those objects which we want to extend by any selection method.
- Right-click or press ‘Enter’ key for coming out from selection.
- All lines will be extended.
We will see one example showing how to use Extend command.
- For example, I want to extend all selected lines to the edge of the outer circle.
- Select the Extend command from a drop-down menu of the Trim command in the Modify panel in the Home tab. Or type ‘EX’ in the command bar and press Enter key.
Select the outer circle.
- Right-click for ending selection.
- Select all lines which we want to extend. It will show the preview of the extended line as shown.
- Right-click and select Enter or press Enter key directly.
- All line will extend.
Also, Read Our Previous Article.
Thank you for visiting here…